Accessible Family Friendly Online Games
With all of us at home, last March as soon as the pandemic was announced I launched ab8.ca with the intent on providing you a space to be online without following social, corporate, or MSM, which are mostly quite depressing. As we’re almost a year in now, I feel the more online social time we have with friends and peers the better, so I’ve started to build a list of games that are apropos for a work or family party that are easy and accessible:
- Skribble - Online version of pictionary, doesn’t require an account
- Gather Town - Free for up to 25 people, not really a game but a cross between a game and zoom. Has apps like Skribble embedded into it
- Scattergories - One person screen shares this and you can all play. Requires a pen and paper at home
Not yet tried:
- Colonist.io - Catan
- Brightful.me - Several Games
- All Bad Cards - All Bad Card Game
If you don’t mind paying, Jackbox Games was the clear winner when I solicited my network for feedback.
Not to be out done, my friend Steven has since shared his comprehensive list of online games.
Leave a comment