If you're still on Facebook, the first thing to keep in mind is that anything you write there -- including every profile you click on, every keystroke you type and backspace, and every private message you make there -- you should assume will be public within 5 years. It is an American tech company bound by the US CLOUD Act, and already has a long history of giving up access to your data.
That being said, if you're still there, about a year and a half ago I posted some Pages and Groups that might be of interest:
- DecisionTree is a web application to help teams understand their values and goals through advanced decision making.
- Kris Constable – Politician is my political page.
- The Best Headline Today is my favourite group on Facebook. Someone should make it a newspaper.
- Canadian Entrepreneurs
- 250 Life – For those in the 250 area code of British Columbia.
- One Day Website – A company that makes websites cost effectively in one day.
- Awesome Shit Club – A mini Dragon’s Den style event that gives away money for awesome shit.
- IdeaWave – An affordable ideas conference
- PrivaSecTech – a privacy training company and consultancy that offers privacy and security tips
- VANCOUVER, BC:
- Vancouver Coffeeshop Co-workers for those looking for accountability partners.
- Ideas Vancouver – Perhaps the best community group to meet new, creative, and interesting people in Vancouver.
- Crusaders | Web & Graphic Design Community in Vancouver
- Intoxicant Vancouver – for all things fermented and distilled in Vancouver.
- False Creek Flats – hyper local group
- VICTORIA, BC:
- Victoria’s Secrets – for secret things in Victoria, BC
- Intoxicant Victoria – for all things fermented and distilled in Victoria, BC
- North Park Neighbourhood Association – hyper local group
- Victoria Makerspace
- Ideas – Victoria Perhaps the best community group to meet new, creative, and interesting people in Victoria. It’s people and projects have made the news many times.
I've started a few more groups since then: